In the past several months, newsPRos has worked with attorneys in law firms researching and crafting story ideas and pitching reporters, which resulted in media coverage of:
- The implications of Congressional midterm elections and possible changes to data security & privacy legislation.
- A law firm’s Pro Bono Human Rights Team Leader’s involvement in a firmwide humanitarian parole project in a poverty- and disaster-stricken country.
- The closing of a deal to supply wind turbines for the largest wind farm in North America.
- A law firm’s Diversity and Women’s Initiative to submit a winning nomination for the firm’s female litigation head and executive committee member, who leads one of the five largest litigation departments in the world, which won an international honor highlighting the firm’s commitment to women’s career advancement.
- GLBT issues when cert was granted by U.S. Supreme Court to hear a long-running case related to an HIV+ pilot outed illegally by the U.S. government. The case was a lightning rod for privacy advocates and an important test of whether victims of emotional distress can sue for monetary damages.
- Ongoing developments in the Bilski business method patent litigation, including months in advance of the decision, pre-positioning the law firm’s key attorney as a source for comment and/or background on the intricacies of the case.
- A large law firm’s Silicon Valley Intellectual Property leader, including setting up a “debate” between our client attorney and Valley business leaders on the actual worth of patent portfolios, with our client arguing that most business portfolios were too focused on quantity and contained too many “junk” patents.
- A solo legal practitioner handling allegations of sexual abuse by priests in a specific mission of the Catholic Church.
- Working with solo legal practitioner handling a major securities action involving retaliatory sanctions brought against a young broker in the mutual fund trading program of a major investment firm.
- A leading video game attorney ahead of the U.S. Supreme Court case, Schwarzenegger v EMA.
- A large law firm client seeking recognition for the firm’s involvement in a national Election Protection effort administered by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law
- Created content for and launched a website and related blog to provide information on a law firm’s special pro bono project.
- Developed a series of a one-minute radio segment about taxes for the local NPR station in the weeks prior the April 15th filing date.
- Reached out to oil & gas and mining publications, to strengthen a client’s position as “go-to” source for sector and general business media on issues related to the Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA).
Other recent support newsPRos provided to clients in the legal industry include:
- Reached out to numerous banking and financial services trade publications to publicize client’s new book on lending practices.
- Routinely arrange meetings with key reporters and attorneys. Recent meetings have included national and regional business and legal publications and have resulted in the reporter contacting the client for input on future stories.
- Arranged meetings with reporters for a delegation of Chinese academics/advisors to the U.S. to have an off-the-record discussion about how the media works in the U.S. and in China.
- Conducted a media audit and placed thought leader source related to CFIUS review issues of foreign investment into the U.S. and tools to mitigate challenges to potential investment.
- In conjunction with an academic publisher we promoted a newly released book by former Assistant Secretary of Department of Homeland Security on cyber terrorism and national security.
- Following international developments regarding general top level domains, gLTDs, we identified byline article opportunities for partner at client law firm.
- newsPRos team creates more than 100 submissions a year to legal and business publications for our law firm clients to secure their representation on lists and other honors and awards, achieving a tremendous success rate for these nominations.
“Without newsPRos, we would not have attempted, much less made, this list. This recognition wouldn’t have come to us without your effort and good counsel, thanks very much for making it happen.”
-Partner, Appellate practice, AmLaw 100 law firm.
- Advise and manage the web development team in the overall design and content creation for a new website for a leading national plaintiff’s civil rights law firm. We continuously update the site with breaking news on the law firm’s cases, wins, media coverage, and make other user-friendly improvements.